Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Intro to solid foods

Teddy is making pretty decent progress at sitting up.  She still needs a lot of support, but she's getting the balance thing figured out.  She's NOT making any progress towards sleeping thru the night.  For that matter, I tried transitioning her out of her swing and into her crib where she belongs, and that lasted a week since she never slept more than 90 minutes at a time in there.  Ever. Usually less.  So I put her back in her swing, and get excited if I get more than 2 hours at a time.
So I thought maybe it would help if I started her on solid foods, since she always falls asleep while nursing, then wakes up hungry.  Ru's first solid food was squash, and let's just say it was not the highlight of her day.  Ru never really did take to baby food.   I decided to also start Teddy with squash, since I had some puree in the fridge that I usually add to Ru's mac and cheese.
Here's the before pic:
 She loved it!
 

She even grabbed the spoon from me and tried to feed herself!
 We'll need to work a bit on her manners, such as the 'no feet on the table' rule.

Overall she had a great time, may have actually consumed a tablespoon or two of squash, and did NOT sleep any better at night, but that's ok.  It's a process.  I'm sure we'll get there before she's 20. 

Oh yeah, and here's your after pic:

No comments:

Post a Comment